About Me

My photo
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
I love my two little girls and I love collecting nail polish - combine the two, and you've got Paws to Polish. Enjoy!

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Katy Perry has arrived in the STL!

While I was on my lunch hour yesterday, I decided to stop by my local JCPenny, just to see if they had gotten in the Katy Perry collection by OPI. To my surprise, they had the display right up front on the counter! I purchased the "Black Shatter" and "Teenage Dream".
I was so anxious to try out my new polishes, that when I got back to my office, I threw on a coat of "TD" and "BS" right there at my desk. The "TD" was much thicker and "goopier" than I was used to, but apparently that's normal, since it's a jelly polish. 
When I got home that night, before I went out later, I painted my whole hand with this same duo and boy did it look hot! (See pictures below).
I liked the "Teenage Dream" so much that I went back out today and bought the blue version of the polish, "Last Friday Night". I'm so anxious to try this one out too. When I do, I'll be sure to post pictures!


Here's a picture of my nails painted with 1 coat of "Teenage Dream"
Application:
OPI Chip Skip
2 coats of OPI Nail Envy, Original Formula
1 coat of OPI "Teenage Dream"


Now, here's a picture of my nails painted with 2 coats of "Teenage Dream"



My nails with 1 very thin coat of "Black Shatter" (over 2 coats of "TD")





These last 2 pictures show 2 coats of Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat added on top of the "Black Shatter". I definitely recommend using at least 1 top coat after "BS".


With "Black Shatter", the combinations are endless! I'm already excited to try it on top of some of the Burlesque glitters, "Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous", "Alpine Snow" and some of the holo polishes (like my newly acquired "Standing Room Only")!


Happy "Shattering"!

1 comment:

  1. i love teenage dream and the black shatter together!!! Its so blingy in the sun!

    i don't think last friday night is as pretty as this. I wish it was darker blue more like the bottle.

    if you get a chance you should scope my blog. i love nail polish too!!!

    ReplyDelete