About Me

My photo
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
I love my two little girls and I love collecting nail polish - combine the two, and you've got Paws to Polish. Enjoy!

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Emerald City Awesomeness!

A lot of people are looking for the perfect red polish for the holidays. From what I've read, it sounds like OPI's "Ali's Big Break" from the Burlesque collection is the "It" color this season! But red's not the only color perfect for Christmas - what about a great sparkly emerald green?! 

I've read various posts from people who have purchased OPI's "Here Today...Aragon Tomorrow - Suede" and have added a top coat to bring out the emerald sparkly goodness, and thought I'd try it for myself last night.

I purchased "HT...AT Suede" yesterday at Beauty Brands for 35% off. I've been on the fence about this color for the past month. I really wasn't sure what to think about it (I've never been a huge fan of green, much less green nail polish!). In fact, I bought the original, non-Suede version (again, at Beauty Brands on clearance for 35% off!) but still haven't been daring enough to wear it out yet. Had either of them not been on sale, I probably wouldn't have paid full price for them (for me, unless I really, really like the polish color, I'm not about to pay full price for it, just to own it). 

But boy, am I soooooo glad I purchased the Suede version yesterday! This is my first Suede polish, and it definitely won't be my last! In fact, I'm planning a trip to my local beauty supply store tomorrow night to get a few more! Check back later this week to see what goodies I find!

Below is a picture of both versions of "HT...AT" (original on left, Suede on right).

Now, here's a picture of the polish without a top coat.
Application:
OPI Chip Skip
2 coats OPI Nail Envy Dry & Brittle Formula
2 coats OPI "Here Today...Aragon Tomorrow - Suede"



Here's a comparison of the Suede version with (first two fingers from the left) and without a topcoat. I used 1 coat of Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat.



Now, all nails painted with a top coat! 
*This picture shows 2 coats of Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat

Did I mention how much I LOOOOOOOOOOVE this polish - with AND without a top coat? I'm temped to go back to Beauty Brands tomorrow to pick up the last bottle they had! If you, too, are on the fence about this polish, get it - you'll be glad you did!

Merry Christmas, everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment