About Me

My photo
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
I love my two little girls and I love collecting nail polish - combine the two, and you've got Paws to Polish. Enjoy!

Friday, July 8, 2011

OPI's Ulta Exclusive Polish - "How You Blue-In?"

Happy Friday, everyone! I tell ya, I could TOTALLY get used to these 4-day work weeks! It still feels like Thursday, but I'm so glad to be off for the next couple of days!


So, you all probably recall the post I wrote last weekend about the Ulta Exclusive OPI's that I got, right? If not, here's the original post.

I had mentioned in the post that one of the colors I purchased that day, "How You Blue-in?", looked like a dupe of the Nicole by OPI polish "Too Rich For You" (which I had purchased at Ulta a few months ago!). 


Well, here are pics of "How You Blue-In?":


Application:
OPI Chip Skip
1 coat of Seche Clear Base Coat
2 coats of OPI "How You Blue-In?"
1 coat of Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat









Now, here are the pictures of Nicole by OPI's "Too Rich For You" that I took right after I bought the polish at Ulta a few months ago. To see my original blog post about this polish, click here.




So, as you can see, these are dupes; the recent Limited Edition collection from Ulta and the Nicole by OPI Gossip Girl collection are the same. But if you're like me, I prefer the OPI bottle shape and brush over the Nicole by OPI bottle and brush. If you liked the Gossip Girl collection but weren't able to snag any of 'em, now's your chance! I'll definitely be keeping the OPI Ulta Exclusive version of this color and will put the Nicole by OPI version up for swaps! That reminds me, I reeeeeeeally need to go through my polish collection and start getting rid of a lot of polish! The more I get rid of, the more new polish I can buy without any guilt!

Have a great weekend, everyone! 


9 comments:

  1. Your nails are so beautiful and love this color. I prefer the OPI bottle and pro brush to Nicole's brush and bottle shape. It just makes applying the polish much easier. I also love how you get the polish to go under the nails and clean cuticle. Your a true professional! Gorgeous application! I love your web blog...

    Love,

    George :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. George, you're a sweetheart. But I want to make it known, that I am NOT a professional, I just do this as a hobby! I have no formal training and have learned almost everything I know about polish, nail care and products from Cathy Richardson. SHE is an actual professional!
    But I appreciate the kind words - you totally made my day! :-) And thanks for reading my blog - it means a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picked up the OPI one, and was going to wear it this weekend,but it got lost in my stash. It looks so pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got this today! I swatched it on a nail wheel so far....I'm in love! Thanks for showing it to us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post as always, Katie, and you have such gorgeous nails. As George mentioned, your application is so smooth, clean and flawless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Jim - YES! This would be a perfect color for your pedi's!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I plan on picking these up next Saturday. So excited :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, everyone! I appreciate the feedback. To those of you who will be picking this up (or already have it but haven't used it), I think you'll REALLY like it!

    ReplyDelete