About Me

My photo
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
I love my two little girls and I love collecting nail polish - combine the two, and you've got Paws to Polish. Enjoy!

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Butter London "Big Smoke"

Soooooo......


I first wanted to apologize for being M.I.A for the past 32 days. But, thank you all for sticking around! I thought I would've lost a few followers due to my lack of activity, but everyone stayed - thank you! :-)


Tonight, I want to show you all my first Butter London, "Big Smoke". I bought this beauty on September 20th during Ulta's buy 1, get one free one-day-only sale. I only remember the date because it was my 30th birthday! Thanks, Ulta! I ended up getting 4 bottles total; it was my little birthday present to myself!


The formula was really nice; it wasn't too thin or too thick. I felt that because the brush was so small, I found myself re-dipping quite often. But, I only needed two coats to achieve full opacity (yay!). As I was browsing my polish collection, trying to decide on a color to wear, I noticed that I have a bunch of blues and blackened blues in my collection. I feel like I have a color very similar to this already (maybe an OPI or Nicole by OPI?). I'll try to report back with my findings. 


But the question is, "Was it worth the $14/bottle price tag?" No. Unless BL goes on sale again where I can get them for $7 (or less) a bottle, I don't see myself buying any more anytime soon. That said, they do have a Limited Edition color called "The Black Knight" that's out right now that I'd love to get my hands on. Maybe I'll find it at Ulta and will have a coupon! Wishful thinking!


Application:
Zoya Remove +
OPI Nail Envy, Sensitive and Peeling Formula
2 coats of Butter London's "Big Smoke"
1 coat of Poshe' Super Fast Drying Topcoat
OPI RapiDry Spray




Do you have any Butter London's? What's your favorite BL shade?

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you're back =) This is a really pretty shade! I've never tried Butter London though, from the reviews I've read they're nice but not necessarily wroth they money unless they're on sale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is pretty! I only have a few BL polishes.. I got Black Knight the other day.. It is SOOOOO pretty!

    ReplyDelete