About Me

My photo
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
I love my two little girls and I love collecting nail polish - combine the two, and you've got Paws to Polish. Enjoy!

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips - Kitty, Kitty

Happy Sunday, everyone! Man, this weekend seems to have flown by! Hope you've been enjoying it! Today, our kickball team plays in the playoff games! Pretty exciting that we've come this far!


Today I wanted to show you my first attempt at the Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips that I used for Halloween. For Halloween, I decided to go as the "Crazy Cat Lady". The costume itself seemed easy to put together, but I was racking my brain trying to figure out which polish would be perfect to wear. When I was at Wal-Mart the day before my Halloween party, I came across the Sally Hansen Salon Effects display and noticed they had these cheetah print strips! For $8, I thought it was worth it to see what all the hype was about. Ok, confession: I actually bought 2 packages of these, just in case I really messed up and needed to open another package. But the good news, is I have an unopened package that I can use when I want a fun, frisky, quick manicure! :-)


Now that I've applied them and worn them for more than a couple days, I feel that I can give an honest review about them. First, application was pretty easy! You literally just match up a strip to the nail that would fit it the best. It's better to be a little big than too small because you can always "trim" the extra off. I had no problem with the sizing of the strips. But I will say, don't even bother saving any of the unused strips, because after they've come out of their safety-sealed packaging, they're only "fresh" for a short while. 


I was able to get about 4 days wear out of them before I decided to remove them. Actually, I probably could've gotten longer wear out of them, but I just wanted to change my polish. I did not use a base coat when applying these. Instead, I cleaned my nails very good with Zoya Remove + and waited a couple of minutes for them to get nice and dry. Also, I did not use a top coat after I applied these, either. Honestly, I wasn't sure if I should or not, but I definitely didn't need to. Once they were on the nail, they were on good! 


I would absolutely buy these again for special occasions. They'd be perfect if you were going on vacation and wanted a long-lasting manicure. Or, if you had a special event (wedding, dance, party, etc.) that you wanted a fresh looking, chip-resistant manicure for. I will say, I used strips with a design on them, so it allowed for me to make mistakes without anyone noticing. I'd want to practice a little more before I tried using a one-color strip.






Have you tried the Sally Hansen Salon Effects strips? Or, have you tried another brand of strips? If so, what did you think? Would you try them again?


Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips retail for around $8 and can be purchased where most drugstore brand polishes are sold (Walgreens, Ulta, Target, Wal-Mart).

1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting to try these forever, I need to go ahead and just DO it haha.

    ReplyDelete