About Me

My photo
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
I love my two little girls and I love collecting nail polish - combine the two, and you've got Paws to Polish. Enjoy!

Saturday, April 2, 2011

China Glaze - "For Audrey"

I'm going to keep this post short and sweet tonight. I'm in the middle of watching the first episode of "Breaking Bad" and am loving it so far! Gotta love Netflix!


I realize that I've been wearing and swatching a lot of darker colors lately. Well, today we had some beautiful weekend weather, and I thought it would be fun to wear a bright, cheery color. I recently purchased China Glaze's "For Audrey", and decided to try it out today.


The polish was a little tricky to work with. I should mention that this was my first time using CG (except for the Top Coat last night). I've recently purchased a handful because both Sally's (2 for $10) and Beauty Brands (BOGO) have had them on sale. I probably could've gotten away with 1 coat of "FA". And after looking at my pictures, 2 coats look "goopy". I think, at least for me, this polish might take a couple of times wearing to perfect. I'm not giving up on it though!


I loved the color, and appreciate it's inspiration. It's a gorgeous Tiffany blue cream. I can definitely see myself bringing this back out again this Spring and Summer. I bet it would look so cute on my toes, too! 


Application:
OPI Chip Skip
1 coat OPI Nail Envy, Original Formula
2 coats China Glaze "For Audrey"
1 coat China Glaze Fast Forward Top Coat
1 spritz OPI RapiDry Spray


The sun was shining today!




3 comments:

  1. For some reason I always love the way For Audrey looks on other people but I never love it on myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is one color I really keep meaning to buy, thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Dani - If you have a Beauty Brands closeby, they're currently running a BOGO offer. So, you get 2 for $6.50. Also, Sally's is having a Buy 2, Get 1 Free deal. I think this is a polish that everyone should own and wear at least once. I'm not sure how I feel about it on my fingers, but I really do think it would be a great color to use the next time I get a pedi!

    ReplyDelete