About Me

My photo
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
I love my two little girls and I love collecting nail polish - combine the two, and you've got Paws to Polish. Enjoy!

Friday, April 1, 2011

Sally Hansen's "Forbidden Fudge"

Happy Friday, everyone! I don't know what the weather's going to be like this weekend where you live, but here in St. Louis, it's supposed to be fairly nice; just a little bit of rain, but NO SNOW! On Sunday, it's supposed to get up to 79*! Woo hoo!!!!

I decided to take the day off today and run some errands and get a few things done around the house. While I was out getting some odds and ends, I checked out the nail polish aisle at the local drugstore. I'd say I probably browsed the nail polishes for a good 15 minutes. It's so nice to not be rushed and be able to enjoy shopping for nail polish and make-up! Anyways, I checked out the racks and found the Sally Hansen Nail Growth Miracle in "Forbidden Fudge". For less than $5, I decided I "needed" it. I also purchased a couple other SH's and a "Pure Ice". I've never purchased any SH's (other than a Prism polish many, many years ago), and I had never even heard of "Pure Ice" before today. So, today was a day of trying and buying new things!

I chose to use "Forbidden Fudge" tonight. It's a beautiful brown-copper sparkle. Having never used SH before, I wasn't sure what I was getting into. I liked the brush, but it certainly took some getting used to. The brush itself reminded me of the new Nicole by OPI rounded, "nubby" brush. However, this brush was much longer (the plastic stem that connects the bristles to the handle). Each time I took the brush out of the bottle, it seemed like a ton of polish came along with it. Even after I scraped the excess off on the inner rim of the bottle, it still seemed to have a lot of product with it. That worried me at first, because the last thing I wanted was super-thick coats leaving bubbles. But guess what? No bubbles! The polish was very easy to work with, and applied pretty effortlessly. No complaints at all. In fact, I'm kind of anxious to try other SH polishes now! That, too, worries me, because once I find a brand I like, I get "obsessed" with it and over-buy (have you seen my OPI polish collection below? Enough said.).

Oooooh, before I forget, I want to tell you about another "first try" tonight - China Glaze's "Fast Forward Top Coat". I recently read on The PolishAholic's website that Jen (the owner of the blog), was a big fan of this top coat. She also mentioned liking Seche Vite and Poshe. I've been using SV for about 7 months now, and she didn't give the Poshe a very high rating, so I thought I'd try the CG to see what I thought. I purchased it a few night ago, and tried it for the first time tonight. Very, very impressive! Yes, it dries quick, but it also doesn't bubble (like I've found with most/all of OPI's top coats). The best part about this top coat, is it's 3-Free (unlike SV)! That was my only gripe with SV (that, and the fact that it does cause shrinking) and a big reason I was open to trying a new top coat. So, I think I'm making the switch going forward and will use the CG "Fast Forward Top Coat"! I should also mention that it does, like Jen @ The PolishAholic also claims, stink to high heaven. But it doesn't bother me enough to stop using it.

Without further adieu, here's "Forbidden Fudge":

Application:
OPI Chip Skip
1 coat of OPI Nail Envy, Original Formula
2 coats of Sally Hansen's "Forbidden Fudge"
1 coat of China Glaze Fast Forward Top Coat





1 comment:

  1. super pretty brown! I use ChG FF and it smells WAY better than SV! it smells t me like sweet tarts. SV smells like paint thinner to me

    ReplyDelete