About Me

My photo
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
I love my two little girls and I love collecting nail polish - combine the two, and you've got Paws to Polish. Enjoy!

Saturday, April 30, 2011

PeaceKeeper Cause-Metics - "Soulful"

Ok, here's a question for all of you reading this post: When you purchase a nail polish, what do you look for? Maybe it's brand loyalty, color, price, safeness (3 or 4-free, for example), popularity or availability. For me, it's definitely a combination of many things. And fortunately, since I first started blogging, I have branched out and tried new polishes - polishes that might not have been in my price range, colors that didn't grab my attention immediately, brands I had never tried (and maybe never wanted to try) before. That's probably one of my favorite parts about blogging - I get to step outside of my comfort zone and share my experience with all of you!


Tonight's post is a perfect example of this. I received a few polishes from a line called PeaceKeeper Cause-Metics to try and review. I had never heard of this line before, so I was very anxious to see what they were all about. Since this is a line that is mainly sold in specialty stores (Whole Foods, Sprouts and Wegmans, for example) and online, I might have never had the opportunity to try them had they not been sent to me!


To give you a little background about this company, PeaceKeeper Cause-Metics is the first make-up company to donate ALL of its profits (after taxes, debt repayment, financing costs and reasonable working capital reserves) to women's health and human rights advocacy issues. Donations have been made to the Battered Women's Resource Center, the National Association of Women Business Owners and The Rainforest Foundation, just to name a few. To learn more about the programs PeaceKeeper is funding, please visit their website.


Something that is also pretty neat about this line is that they have been rated as one of the safest paint-based nail lines by the Environmental Working Group. These Eco-Smooth Nail Paints are 3-Free (they do not contain Toulene, Formaldehyde or DBP) and are made with indigenous Argan Oil which is high in amino acids. Oh, and they are free from animal testing! Woo hoo!


Of the three polishes sent to me, I choose to use "Soulful" tonight. "Soulful" is a gorgeous dark navy blue polish that seems to be unlike any navy I currently own.  It's described as "a deep midnight vampy blue black" polish, which I can't argue with. 


The application with this polish was perfect. In fact, I looked at my nails after one coat and thought, "Man! This is good stuff!" Two coats were plenty here. The dry time was pretty average. I didn't experience any sort of bubbling, even though I used thicker-than-normal coats for this manicure. I will say that the consistency was a tad bit thicker than what I was used to, but that wasn't a problem for me. 


Application:
OPI Chip Skip
1 coat OPI Nail Envy, Original Formula
2 coats of PeaceKeeper Cause-Metics "Soulful"
1 coat of China Glaze Fast Forward Top Coat
1 spritz of CND Solar Speed Spray





For more information about PeaceKeeper Cause-Metics, please visit www.iamapeacekeeper.com.

*The product in this post was sent to me by the company or their PR firm for my unbiased review. 


1 comment:

  1. That polish is GORGEOUS! As a one-year-old blogger, myself, I understand the influence of blogging too. I've tried colors and brands I never would have before. I think you just added to my list of gotta tries!

    ReplyDelete