About Me

My photo
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
I love my two little girls and I love collecting nail polish - combine the two, and you've got Paws to Polish. Enjoy!

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Essie - "One Day Without Blues"

Happy Saturday, everyone! What's the weather like where you live? Here, it's a chilly, dreary day. In fact, it's so cold I actually turned on the heat! To think, a week ago we were outside practicing kickball, and I got a little bit of a tan! As they often say, "If you don't like the weather in Missouri, wait 10 minutes, it's bound to change!"


A month or so ago, Essie was giving away 5,000 bottles of a limited edition nail polish in honor of Toms Shoes' "One Day Without Shoes". The promotion was such a hit, within an hour, all bottles had been claimed! Fortunately, I was one of those 5,000 lucky fans who was able to take advantage of this awesome promotion! 


I wore Essie's "One Day Without Blues" on April 5th to show my support of Toms Shoes and the "One Day Without Shoes" campaign (since I wasn't able to go to work without shoes that day!). For some reason, I never took pictures of the mani I had done, so I decided to use the color again today and actually swatch and blog today!


I've heard that "One Day Without Blues" is actually Essie's "Coat Azure" from their 2011 Spring Collection. So, if you were unable to get a free bottle of "ODWB" and you like the color, you're in luck!


I've gotta say, I'm not the biggest fan of pastels (especially blue pastels). But the fact that I'm wearing this a second time (twice in 2 weeks!) says a lot. I'm in love with the color, and I'm so glad I gave it a chance. I can't wait to get a pedi done with this color!!!


My goal in the next couple of weeks is to bring you more lighter, brighter, "springy-er" colors, rather than more of the "vampy" ones, similar to the ones you've been seeing from me lately. Now, I can't promise I won't throw in a dark glitter/shimmer or duochrome here and there, but I'll do my best to step outside my comfort zone and brighten things up a little. And what better way than with "One Day Without Blues"?!?


Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and thanks for taking the time to read this post!
-Katie


Application:
OPI Chip Skip
1 coat OPI Nail Envy, Original Formula
2 coats of Essie's "One Day Without Blues"
1 coat of China Glaze Fast Forward Top Coat
1 spritz CND Solar Speed Spray





No comments:

Post a Comment