About Me

My photo
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
I love my two little girls and I love collecting nail polish - combine the two, and you've got Paws to Polish. Enjoy!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Take Me Out To The Ballgame! OPI's "The Thrill of Brazil"

Today is a day that just about every single St. Louisan has been looking forward to for months - St. Louis Cardinals Opening Day!!!!!!!! It's a day that I look forward to more than my own birthday. A day that we, here in St. Louis, would like to see be made a national holiday. I mean, MOST of use have taken a vacation day to be off and either go downtown and watch the game live or at a local sports bar, or will be watching at home, sipping on a St. Louis favorite, ice cold Budweiser! 

The company I work for has the best private suite in Busch Stadium. In fact, when this new stadium was being built, the family who owns the company got first pick of where their box would be. Because they're such huge Cardinal fans, they're letting us close our Corporate Office (of close to 450 people) early, so we can watch the game at home! Or, if we prefer to watch it on the big screen, they're showing it in one of our conference rooms at the office. Doesn't get much better than that, right?! 

In St. Louis, we take our Cardinals baseball very, very seriously, in case you couldn't tell. We're proud to be called a "baseball town".

Go Cards!!!!

Ok, you're reading this post because you were probably hoping it had something to do with nail polish, right? Well, to add to my Cardinal attire for work today, I decided to paint my nails the prettiest red I own - OPI's "The Thrill of Brazil". To my surprise, I only own about 5 red polishes, but this just seemed to be the perfect red for the occasion. It's a good "Cardinal Red".

This is the first time wearing this color (and the first time wearing red on my nails!). I think I bought it last year at Ulta on clearance in a gift set from OPI, and didn't think I'd wear it much. Boy, was I wrong! I see myself sporting this pretty little number (number NL A16, in case you were wondering) to any Cardinal game I attend this year!

"The Thrill of Brazil" applied pretty easily. My only gripe with it, is that even after 3 coats, I could still see VNL. But, I don't think it's super noticeable, so I shouldn't complain. I loved how shiny it was though. I only applied a top coat because I want the mani to last a while. However, I didn't need it for the shine.

Application:
OPI Chip Skip
1 coat OPI Nail Envy, Original Formula
3 coats of OPI's "The Thrill of Brazil"
1 coat of Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
2 rounds of OPI RapiDry spray (I was in a hurry, and wanted to make sure it was completely dry!)


For some reason, Blogger won't let me rotate these pictures. What's even crazier, is that they're not saved this way. Sorry!



Two of my favorite things - Cardinals baseball and OPI!
Check out the cute bracelet I bought for $5 at a gas station last year (after the season was already over). Now I get to finally wear it to work today!



My beautiful Gracie loves being around me when I'm painting my nails and taking pictures. So, I thought I'd include her in today's post! Isn't she beautiful! I rescued her off the streets a year and a half ago and she looked much different then (poor thing was skinny and "scruffy"). She's such a sweetheart, and I love having her in my life!


So what's your favorite baseball team? Do you have a nail polish color that you wear to show your support for that team? Do you take it a step further and create nail art with a baseball theme? I'd LOVE to see pictures, if you do!



2 comments:

  1. hate to tell ya but my fav team is the Giants, have to support the home team :) This color is perfect for the Cards tho! here's to baseball season manis!

    ReplyDelete