About Me

My photo
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
I love my two little girls and I love collecting nail polish - combine the two, and you've got Paws to Polish. Enjoy!

Friday, March 4, 2011

Suzi Ski's in the Pyrenees - more fun with Suede's!

As you can see from the title of this post, I'm going to be showing my swatches of "Suzi Ski's in the Pyrenees". I purchased the "regular" version quite early in my "collecting". It's such a cool color - it's not black, but it's not gray. Almost a watered-down gray-black (don't you just love my descriptions?!?). If you like dark colors, this should be included in your collection, too.

After I tried "Here Today...Aragon Tomorrow - Suede", I wanted to buy another Suede polish! I heard that OPI was no longer going to be making the Suede polishes, so I wanted to be sure I snagged at least one more up before it was too late! The only other Suede that caught my eye was "Suzi Ski's in the Pyrenees", so I bought it at Ulta, but haven't worn it until tonight.

Below is a picture of "Suzi Ski's - Suede" without a topcoat:

Application:
OPI Chip Skip
1 coat OPI Nail Envy, Dry & Brittle Formula
2 coats of OPI "Suzi Ski's in the Pyrenees - Suede"



I'm in love with this Suede!!!!!


Now, here are some pictures of "Suzi Ski's in the Pyrenees- Suede" with 2 coats of Seche Vite added on top:





Looks kinda similar to OPI's "Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous", don't you think? (IMO, "Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous" is much prettier!)

Well, I just happened to have that, too! 
Left to Right: "Suzi Ski's in the Pyrenees" (Original version), "Suzi Ski's in the Pyrenees - Suede", "Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous":





Left to Right: "Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous (2 coats), "Suzi Ski's in the Pyrenees - Suede" (2 coats plus one coat of Seche Vite Top Coat), "Suzi Ski's in the Pyrenees" (2 coats, Original version)





If you don't own a suede polish, I definitely recommend picking up at least one before they get hard to find. 

The only downside to the Suede's is that their wear-time is quite short. If you can get the Suede polish to stay on for more than a day, you did good! You also have to be extremely careful with the Suede's - no lotions, oils, etc. as those can ruin the Suede finish.

What I think is really hot is Suede nails with just the tips painted with a topcoat. The next time I use one of my Suede's, I'll definitely give it a try.

Suede's apply so easily, and are easy to clean up, too! Not to mention they dry in an instant! So, if you're looking for a quick manicure before you head out, try a Suede! 

In summary, I really like "Suzi Ski's - Suede" by itself, better than with a topcoat (unlike "Here Today...Aragon Tomorrow" which is the other way around for me). 

No comments:

Post a Comment