About Me

My photo
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
I love my two little girls and I love collecting nail polish - combine the two, and you've got Paws to Polish. Enjoy!

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Borghese "Siena"

Today's review is for another one of my favorite brands of polish, Borghese. 

I was recently sent some polishes from the Borghese Rapido Fast Dry Lacquer Collection for review. My first pick is the color "Siena". I'd describe this color as a copper-gold-bronze. 

I love Borghese nail polish for many reasons. The first is their "Duale Curve Tip Brush" which is described as being "custom designed to hug the shape of your nail for smooth, flawless application". The handle is easy to hold and the brush bristles are just small enough so that I feel like I have more control of the polish. The second reason I love Borghese so much is their color selection. I fell in love with "Stellare Notte" (See my review here) and loved "Siena", too! I'm also a huge fan of Borghese nail polish because I don't get the annoying bubbling if I use thicker-than-normal coats. Borghese nail polish is excellent for people like me who are far from professionals, but want perform self-mani's to look like they are! Oh, and did I mention that they retail for only $8? Quality and affordability - win, win for me! If you're looking for a large selection of Borghese nail products (including this new Rapido Fast Dry Collection), I'd suggest trying ULTA or going on their website, www.ulta.com. 


When applying "Siena", I noticed that the first coat went on very thin, and almost watery. However, it built up quite nicely and after three coats, I was happy with the final outcome. 


To be honest, I don't know if this polish, from their Rapido Fast Dry Lacquer Collection, dries any quicker than other polishes. I say this because I use Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat which dries super-duper quick, and I also follow the manicure up with a spritz or two of OPI's RapiDry Spray. 


Here are pics of the lovely "Siena":


Application:
OPI Chip Skip
2 coats of OPI Nail Envy, Original Formula
3 coats of Borghese Rapido Fast Dry Lacquer "Siena"
1 coat of Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
1 spritz OPI RapiDry Spray





*The product in this post was sent to me by the company or their PR firm for my unbiased review. 

2 comments:

  1. I agree! I love copper, so when I saw this polish, I was in love! And after 3 coats, it became the PERFECT copper polish! I would definitely recommend buying it!

    ReplyDelete